QA Advisor - Muskrat Falls, Canada
Role Description / Duties
Working within the Muskrat Falls Generation Project Delivery Team, the duties and job functions of the Quality Advisor – Muskrat Falls Generation shall include, but are not limited to the following:
- Implement applicable QA/QC oversight, monitoring and surveillance plans, procedures and checklists for the work activities at Muskrat Falls;
- Perform monitoring, surveillance and QA of the work on behalf of Nalcor Energy, to ensure contractors' quality programs are fully implemented and effective through review and acceptance of contractors' quality documentation (including inspection and test plans, procedures, quality records, final turnover documentation, etc.);
- Ensure full compliance with the regulatory requirements, technical specifications, drawings and any installation procedures as defined in contractors’ inspection and test plans;
- Provide daily or weekly reports of on-going construction work.
- Issue reports such as corrective actions, non-conformances, and observations as required;.
- Work with Contractors to ensure clarity in understanding project and technical requirements.
- Interface daily with the engineering and construction teams to ensure compliance to all technical specifications and drawings for selected scopes.
- Review documentation received from contractor (material specification, method statements, Inspection and Test Plans, drawings, test results, other technical documentation, etc.) for implementation and compliance.
- Attend construction meetings as required.
- Ensure turnover documentation is complete.
- Work with contractors to ensure all audit findings, NCR, etc. are closed.
Qualifications and Experience
- Civil Engineering / Civil Engineering Technologist (or a related discipline) minimum 10 years of field experience in performing QA/QC oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities on large construction projects.
- Experience with implementing quality programs for large capital projects, with a good exposure to civil works.
- Experience with civil works, concrete pouring, and construction of cofferdams, rock filled dams, structural steel and piping erection, and hydro testing.
- Experience with construction of hydroelectric projects, specifically intake, powerhouse, transition dams, turbine and generator and balance of plant considered an asset.
- Experience in execution of inspection and test plans.
- Previous experience with auditing construction QA programs.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Willing to travel as required
Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
Duration: Present to 31-Oct-2017
Rotation: To be Determined once Candidate is Approved.
Hourly Rate: To be based on Experience and Education and Qualifications.
Candidates from Newfoundland preferred but not mandatory.
To apply for this position please fill out the form below and attach your resume. All fields marked with * are required.