SQS Inspection Coordinator - Houston, TX, United States
Candidate must have previous experience as an Inspection Coordinator / Project Coordinator
The SQS Coordinator will work closely with Client Project Team(s) to provide real time efficient communication between Suppliers and Field SQS Personnel while ensuring that corporate & project policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Implement applicable QA/QC oversight, monitoring and surveillance plans, procedures and checklists for the work activities at Client Offices;
- Perform monitoring, surveillance and QA of the work on behalf of Killick Group client, to ensure contractors' quality programs are fully implemented and effective through review and acceptance of supplier’s quality documentation (including inspection and test plans, procedures, quality records, final turnover documentation, etc.);
- Ensure full compliance with the regulatory requirements, technical specifications, drawings and any installation procedures as defined in contractors’ inspection and test plans;
- Provide daily or weekly reports as required by client.
- Issue reports such as corrective actions, non-conformances, and observations as required.
- Work with Contractors & Suppliers to ensure clarity in understanding project and technical requirements.
- Interface daily with the engineering and construction teams to ensure compliance to all technical specifications and drawings for selected scopes.
- Review documentation received from suppliers (material specification, method statements, Inspection and Test Plans, drawings, test results, other technical documentation, etc.) for implementation and compliance.
- Attend and/or chair Kick Off Meetings at supplier when required.
- Ensure turnover documentation is complete.
- Work with suppliers and field inspectors to ensure all audit findings, NCR, etc. are closed.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Mechanical Engineer / Mechanical Engineering Technologist (or a related discipline) minimum 10 years of field experience in performing QA/QC oversight, monitoring, surveillance and inspection activities.
- Certification as a CWI, Nace or CWB Inspector would be an asset.
- Experience with implementing quality programs for large capital projects
- Experience in execution of inspection and test plans.
- Familiarity with National & International Standards
- Willing to travel as required
Candidate must demonstrate excellent organization skills; ability to maintain accurate and detailed records; ability to communicate effectively with a diverse range of personality types; possess proficient writing skills; possess well-developed reasoning and problem solving skills; tenacious; capable of negotiating with potential clients and personnel; ability to perform multi-tasks; capable of functioning in a demanding and fast-pace working environment; computer literate, in particular proficient using the internet, e-mail, MS Word and Excel spreadsheets; full understanding of document control procedures.
Estimated Start Date: 21-October-2019
Duration: Full-time based on successful Three (3) Month and Six (6) Month Probationary Evaluation
Work Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
Location: Houston, Texas
Only Fulltime Permanent Residents of Houston, Texas, USA should apply.
Apply in confidence by sending resume to: email@example.com
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.