Vendor Assessment / Audit
Killick Group can assist companies in evaluating a prospective vendor / supplier to determine whether the proposed vendor / supplier are capable enough to handle the Award / Purchase Order / Contract. To help make this decision, Killick performs what is called a Pre-Award Vendor Audit. This audit is made in sufficient depth to assure that the proposed award winner has the ability to meet the requirements of the Purchase Order.
Activities that are performed during the Pre-Award Vendor Audits are as follows:
- Review supplier's safety procedures, processes, and records.
- Identify any disparities that may exist between the RFP and the supplier's tender that should be resolved during the initial meeting with the survey team.
- Review of Production Plans and Shop Loading to ensure that contract schedules can be achieved.
- Ensure adequate plant facilities and equipment are available and operable.
- Verify the transportation, packaging, and preservation conditions of the proposal.
- Ensure the labor resources have the proper skills needed to complete the work scope.
- Gather financial documentation, including the company's current profit and loss summary, balance sheet, cash flow chart, and other pertinent financial information.
- Prepare a listing of available tools and equipment.
- Verify plans are in place for vendor supplies and materials or subcontracts to assure that the final delivery schedule can be met. Make sure that these plans are verifiable.
- Review any technical data and publications that may be required under the proposed contract and make sure they are understood by the company.
- Review the quality control program and make sure that it is workable and consistent with the quality requirements stated in the contract.